Dudley Shoals Baptist Church is prayerfully and eagerly seeking our God-chosen pastor who unashamedly follows Jesus Christ and is being called to lead our thriving body of believers. The shepherd of our flock needs to be a dynamic leader who is ready to invest in and build upon our solid church foundation.
Overview of Pastor’s work in our Church:
- Prayerfully plans and leads the worship services which includes preparing and delivering biblically-based sermons.
- Conducts counseling sessions; performs wedding ceremonies; conducts funerals, leads in the observance of the Baptist ordinances.
- Uplifts and encourages the church members in God’s service as well as ministers to members who are hurting.
- Promotes evangelism and personally visits/witnesses to persons associated with the church and to others in the community to actively work towards growth and outreach.
- Coordinates and performs pastoral care ministries with a heart for the community and a passion for missions.
- Leads and manages the church pastoral and ministerial staff in their efforts to serve the church in their various roles.
- In conjunction with church leaders, creates and promotes a biblical vision for the church and develops actionable ministry initiatives aligned with that vision.
- Follows the guidelines of the Southern Baptist Convention, the Baptist Faith and Message 2000, and the Church Constitution and Bylaws as well as your convictions and most importantly God’s direction.
- A committed and mature follower of Jesus Christ who demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the Bible with an emphasis on teaching the Word of God with accuracy, clarity, and faithfulness.
- Consistently meets and strives to maintain the character qualifications as outlined in 1 Timothy 3 “…above reproach, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach…filled with gentleness.”
- Displays giftedness in key areas of shepherding which will lead people to discover and use their God-given spiritual gifts for the good of the body and the kingdom.
- Strategic and organized in areas of leadership and administration with a humble character and disposition.
- Self-motivated, hard-working, energetic and takes the initiative in problem-solving, accomplishing tasks, and building relationships to promote unity among the flock.
- A life-long learner who continues seeking ways to grow professionally and personally to increase and improve ministry effectiveness.
- Promotes a staff culture that demonstrates harmony, honesty, and servant-leadership.
- Strong interpersonal skills, active listener, inspires trust and teamwork.
The ideal candidate must be an ordained Southern Baptist Minister. A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of pastoral ministry experience is preferred.