WMU - Womens Missionary Union
2016-2017 WMU Director, Rhonda Holman
WMU® offers organizations and approaches, as well as ministries, that enable every member of the church to learn about missions, become involved in missions, and live a missional lifestyle. WMU offers many opportunities to fulfill the six objective of WMU that are at the heart of missions education.
Through the organizations and approaches, adults, students, children, and preschoolers learn about the work and needs of missionaries. There are opportunities to participate personally in missions projects as well as develop a missions lifestyle—something for everyone.
(Click on the group name for more information)
Six Objective of WMU
- Pray for missions.
- Engage in mission action and witnessing.
- Learn about missions.
- Support missions.
- Develop spiritually toward a missions lifestyle.
- Participate in the work of the church and the denomination.
Benefits of Missions Education:
• Grow and mature in a loving atmosphere that is educationally sound
• Gain awareness about God, Jesus, the Bible, and church
• Understand more about God and His plan for the world and individuals
• Learn and apply the Bible to their lives
• Discover how God is at work in the world
• Learn how to pray and intercede for others
• Learn and practice tithing and giving to support missions
• See how God is at work in the world
• Understand more about God’s mission in the world and apply what they learn
• Reach out to the community and the world
• Explore God’s missionary purposes, resulting in personal commitment and obedience
• Reach and witness to the lost
• Increase giving to and praying for missions
• Fulfill the outward focus of the Great Commission